Meath Partnership (Leader) launch the certified LOCAL TOUR GUIDE TRAINING programme, open to exisitng local tour guides & those interested in tour guiding.
Station House Hotel, Kilmessan, Jan 2016
We hold regular meetings in different locations around the area. The above photo was taken in the Station House Hotel in Kilmessan.
We have met in the Monasterboice Inn, Symth's of the Bridge in Navan, The Bective Mill in Trim and the Conyngham Arms in Slane.
A group of certified guides get together and set up the Meath Tour Guides Association, with a constitution, insurance and hold first AGM.
Official launch of the MTGA at the newly opened Irish Military War Museum in Collon, County Meath.
Change of name from the Meath Tour Guides Association (MTGA) to the INDEPENDENT TOUR GUIDES ASSOCIATION (ITGA) to facilitate membership of tour guides from areas outside of Meath.
What is the purpose of the Independent Tour Guides Association?
We provide a status and recognition that brings together Tour Guides who are locally trained or have worked in the industry for many years and offer a professional service.
- The ITGA acts as a spokesman for professional and independent guides in our association
- The ITGA promotes cooperation between guides and tourism and local authorities
- The ITGA helps to improve and enhance the professional training of Guides
- The ITGA will represent its Guides in International Organisations, Federations and other professional bodies
- The ITGA negotiates on behalf of its members better insurance fees